This beautiful post from Midwest Maven came up on my reader yesterday. It’s inspired me to start my own little list of little things that make for big joy. This busy world makes it all too easy to get bogged down and forget that small blessings combined with gratitude and awareness can add up to huge bliss.
1. The first sip of morning coffee
2. Watching the water turn my bare earth lot to a beautiful jungle of greenery and life
3. Braiding my daughter’s hair
4. Buying crates of used books for my son’s avid reading habit
5. Feeling the soft fur on the cats’ tummies when they roll over for a rub
6. Mud between my toes
7. The sight of my wood floor freshly mopped and polished
8. Perfecting a new kitchen challenge
9. Filling my freezer with just picked produce
10. Taking a nap in the hot afternoon
I’ve set myself a limit of ten at a time, don’t want to over do a good thing. What do you think? What makes your list of simple pleasures?